Web API is a simple language type of service that can offer us details from the webserver. It is also a tool to push information to the web server that can be processed by web server code or saved in any relentless layer.
Why Web API?
Web API services HTTP. It can be called or eaten by any application like Mobile Application, Desktop App, Web Application, etc. Therefore, Creating Web API will give you a wide range of Interface application, which can eat your Web API and bring information to reveal to the customers. Web API is not restricting you to stick with a specific interface or technology to engage with customers.
Service advantages of Web API
- Centralization of company logic will undoubtedly lessen your initiatives, making your work worthwhile. As a result, company information’s can be kept with consistency.
- These Peaceful Web APIs come from various HTTP customers like Windows 7, Windows 8, Android, iPhone, iPad, WPF Client, Windows Phone 8, etc. It is open-source.
- It uses reduced transmission capacity. (XML or JSON information). We can likewise pass html web content if needed.
- Web API Controller pattern is much comparable to MVC Controller. Therefore, it becomes simple to preserve as well as recognize.
- Web API is not part of the MVC Framework, yet it is part of Asp.net Framework. Therefore, nothing else reliances are there for growth and also even release.
Technical Benefits of Web API
- It entails no laborious set up and extremely easy creation.
- Growth using Web API itself makes splitting up from UI Growth.
- It ends up being easy to check service logic utilizing devices like innovative rest-client or fiddler.
- It is a lightweight architecture and is suitable for devices with restricted data transfer like an intelligent cellular phone.
- Its work is based on HTTP and is simple to define, subject, and inhabit in a RESTful means.
- It also sustains the MVC features such as filter, activity outcomes, model binders, controllers, routing and even IOC container or dependency injection that makes it extra durable and straightforward.
- It has assistance for OData. If you position the [Queryable] feature on the controller method that will return IQueryable, customers will have the ability to use the technique for OData query.
- It makes use of URIs for identifying information courses (sources).
- It consists of a body that can use for any information (not simply XML web content like the one SOAP imposes. The body of HTTP messages can be anything we want– plain XML, JSON, HTML, binary documents (records, videos and pictures).
- It also has message headers that are very meaningful and descriptive– headers that recommend us that the material sort of the message’s body, headings that explain just how to safeguard it, exactly how to cache info, etc.
- ASP.NET Web API is a framework for building HTTP solutions that can be eaten by a wide range of customers, including browsers, mobiles, Apple iPhone, and tablets. It is very similar to ASP.NET MVC given that it has the MVC features such as directing, controllers, action results, filter, model binders, IOC container or reliance shot.
In other words, it is a replacement of WCF REMAINDER API. who can utilize it with ASP .NET MVC as well as different types of Web applications like ASP.NET WebForms. Likewise, Web API can be used as a stand-alone Web solutions application.
Why ASP.NET Web API?
Today, a web-based application is not enough to reach its consumers. People are incredibly clever, and they are utilizing iPhone, mobile, tablet computers and so on gadgets in their everyday life. These devices likewise have a lot of apps for making life simple. We are moving from the web in the direction of applications globe.
So, if you expose your solution information to the browsers and all these new tools apps in quick and essential means, you should have an API that is compatible with browsers and all these gadgets.
Web API is a terrific Structure for exposing your data and also serves to different-different devices. Also, web API development is an open resource platform for building REST-ful services over the.NET Structure. Unlike the WCF Rest solution, it uses the full features of HTTP (like URIs, request/response headers, caching, versioning, numerous content formats), and you don’t require to specify any extra config settings for various tools, unlike the WCF Relax solution.
Web API Features.
- Supports convention-based WASTE actions because it collaborates with HTTP verbs OBTAIN, MESSAGE, PUT and DELETE.
- Actions have an Accept header as well as an HTTP standing code.
- May approves and generates web content that may not be oriented like pictures, PDF documents, etc.
- Automatic support for OData. Therefore by positioning the new [Queryable] attribute on a controller approach that returns IQueryable, customers can utilize the system for OData query structure.
- Sustains Self-hosting or IIS Hosting.
- Sustains the ASP.NET MVC includes such as routing, controllers, activity results, filter, model binders, IOC container or reliance shot.
Why choose Web API?
- If you require a Web Solution and don’t need SOAP after that, ASP.NET Web API is the best choice.
- It is used to develop accessible, non-SOAP-based HTTP Providers on top of the existing WCF message pipeline.
- The straightforward arrangement, unlike the WCF REST service.
- Straightforward solution creation with Web API. With WCF REMAINDER Providers, service production is challenging.
- Based on HTTP, and so very easy to specify, subject, and consume in a REST-ful means.
- Based on Relaxed lightweight design and great for tools that have restricted data transfer like cell phones.
- Open up Source.