Raw Garlic is an addition to Allium species; the same species to which onions belong. They are one of the most readily available ingredients in the kitchen that adds a punch of distinct strong flavour to any dish they are used in. In ancient times, Raw garlic was used in multiple ways because of its medicinal properties that were used as natural remedies
When combined with garlic they taste even better. But garlic not only tastes good; they come with other loaded goodness and health benefits. Garlic is enriched with sulphur compounds which provide some health benefits.
Here are some amazing health benefits of garlic that you were probably unaware of:
1.Low in calories but rich in other nutrients- Raw Garlic is packed with many nutrients but in small amounts. They have vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese, and selenium, fiber along small yet decent amounts of calcium, copper, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and vitaminB1.
2.Reduces risk of cancer- Certain studies have shown that consumption of garlic can help in reducing the risk of lung and prostate cancer. Research has shown that garlic can serve as a potential chemo-preventive agent for lung cancer.
According to a study, consumption of raw garlic decreases the risk of lung cancer by 44%. Consumption of garlic or its supplements can also reduce the risk of prostate cancer in men.
Organo-sulfur compounds found in garlic are proven to destroy the cells of a type of brain tumor, glioblastomas. For quick results, doctors prescribe cialis 60 mg online to males who have severe erection difficulties.
This is a great example of plant-originated compounds being used as a natural remedy to treat even dangerous diseases like cancer. Therefore, try to include spring onion in your meals to stay healthy and reap its benefits
3. Reduce blood pressure- High blood pressure or hypertension leads to cardiovascular diseases that affect millions of people. High doses of garlic can reduce blood pressure. Its supplement will also work fine when taken in the right quantity that is equal to four cloves a day.
4.Prevents infection and protects the body- Raw Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral properties that are used as a medicine for the common cold. It strengthens the immune system and boosts its function. Therefore, consumption of garlic and its consumption reduce the severity of catching common illnesses like viral flu and common cold.
5. Reduces cholesterol level and lowers the risk of heart diseases – Raw Garlic is potential in lowering in high levels of total and LDL cholesterol especially in those with high cholesterol level. It improves blood lipid profile and strengthens blood antioxidant potential.
6.Increased drive and treating erectile dysfunction- The presence of allicin in garlic results in increased blood flow to organs in both men and women. Increased blood flow helps in treating erectile dysfunction which is the inability to get or hold an erection during sexual intercourse. Though it is not magic that works overnight, regular consumption for a month shows significant results and increases libido.
7. Prevent Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia- Garlics have antioxidants that may be helpful in preventing Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. The anti-oxidants from garlic support the body’s protective mechanism which is harmed by oxidative cell damage from free radicals that contributes to the aging process.
When the effects of reduced cholesterol and blood pressure are combined with antioxidant properties then it is possible to reduce the risk of common brain diseases like Alzheimer and dementia.
8. Performance enhancing substance- Garlic was earlier used to reduce fatigue and was considered as a performance enhancing substance so that labourers can work more. Animal studies have shown that garlic can be beneficial in enhancing performance of people with heart diseases but more studies have to be conducted on healthy people in order to derive accurate conclusions.
The allicin in garlic also helps in keeping a stable sperm amount in men and eases ED. prescribed by doctors is also a good option in order to treat ED but it is advisable to consume the dose after getting a medical prescription.
9. Might help in improving bone health- According to a rodent study, garlic have the capability to reduce bone loss by increasing estrogen levels in females but more human studies are needed to prove its effectiveness. They also decrease the risk of osteoarthritis which is the most common type of arthritis affecting millions of people.
Thus, garlic helps not only help in adding a punch of strong savoury flavour to your food but also are loaded with nutrients that have a number of amazing health benefits. Garlic can be consumed in their raw form as cloves or in a form of paste that can be combined with ginger. Garlic extract and garlic oil are also great supplements that provide health benefits.
You can also easily regrow them in your kitchen garden. So, grab some garlic and make some tasty salad or soup and benefit from its nutrients.