If you’re selling online, asking customers to provide feedback on the products they’ve bought or shipped is no longer an option – it’s a must for all serious online retailers.
Recent reports have shown that a whopping 92% of potential buyers take the time to read a product review before making a purchase decision, which is a critical cross between getting a new sale or abandoning the cart by the buyer or leaving the site. even before adding a product. Click Here for the check the review ref site.
For what reason are item surveys a vital piece of the online retailer examination? Simply take a gander at these new insights. At that point learn 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Product Reviews so you can add this business support highlight to your online store.
ONLINE PRODUCT REVIEW STATISTICS 2018
Before we get into all of the reasons why your online store should receive customer reviews with open arms, let’s first highlight its importance and effect with these 2018 Online Product Reviews Stats You Should Know.
- · 37% of shoppers trust reviews from review sites to make a purchase decision.
- · 63% of consumers find product reviews based on a search engine query.
- · 54% of the time, consumers will click on an online store after a positive review.
- · 87% of consumers trust both a product review and word of mouth.
- · 87% of consumers agree that they will not do business with an entity that has an unfavorable rating.
- · 90% of consumers want to read 5-10 product reviews before gaining trust in a brand.
- · 68% of consumers will decide if they want to use a product or service after reading 1 to 6 reviews.
- · 59% of consumers search for reviews from 2-3 different review sites before purchasing.
- · 73% of consumers find old reviews (90 days or longer) irrelevant.
- · 70% of consumers will post a review upon request.
- · 50% of consumers who were asked to leave a review on a product or service have done so.
- · 78% of consumers who made a purchase after reading a review indicate that they are satisfied.
- · 31% of consumers increase spending when an online business has positive reviews.
- · 43% of consumers search for reviews of a company once a month.
- · 50% of shoppers aged 18-34 rely more on online reviews than word of mouth.
- · 50 or more product reviews can yield an average sales increase of 4.6%.
- · 63% of customers are more likely to buy from an online store with user reviews.
· Customers are 110% more likely to buy from an online store that offers reviews and questions and answers.
· Online product reviews deliver and increase average sales by 18%.
4 REASONS WHY YOUR SHOP NEEDS REVIEWS
Now that we’ve inundated you with the latest online product review statistics, what other compelling reasons are there for adding them to your online store ASAP? Here are four powerful reasons why:
1. INFLUENCE ON PURCHASE DECISIONS
It’s true, online product reviews increase proven revenue for many reasons. If someone told you that with a simple change you could improve conversions by up to 58%, your first reaction would probably be, how much is this going to cost me?
The good news here is that if you’re using one of the many robust shopping cart solutions such as 3dcart, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and others, adding these online product reviews to your store is as easy as selecting one in the app. Store. (or from the WordPress plugins available to WooCommerce users). Most add-ons are free or have a very low fixed monthly or annual price, and they won’t squeeze your wallet in the slightest.
But where is the proof in concept? (You may be wondering).
A study coordinated by Bizaarvoice provides all the proof we need – product reviews can get you nearly 60% more conversions.
And this was no small study, folks. It included more than 55 million reviews posted by real consumers on more than 30 billion products.
Here’s how to break down the impact of reviews and conversions:
- · A review can improve conversion rates by 10% or more.
- · 30 reviews can improve conversions by 25% or more.
- · 100 reviews can improve conversions by 37% or more.
- · Overall product reviews increase total conversions by 3% or more.
Interestingly, most people, about 60%, take the time to read product reviews before making a purchase decision. And contrary to popular belief that negative product reviews hurt your sales cycle, this couldn’t be further from the truth: 68% of consumers don’t believe their reviews are legit if negative reviews are not mixed with positive ones.
Additionally, negative reviews provide an opportunity to communicate directly with a customer, get actionable feedback, and ensure their long-term loyalty by doing the right thing (which often leads the customer to upgrade their negative review to a positive one).
2. ADD SEO VALUE
SEO is a sophisticated art. It involves hundreds of different moving concepts and marketing methods that are combined with what you do on your website. The most important part of SEO for an online store (and any site) is: Content.
However, not just any content is sufficient.
Google wants to see content that speaks in an authoritative voice and that improves the user experience on its online store or website. That’s why stores with more authoritative content consistently outperform stores without (hint hint: it’s one of the 9 reasons Amazon continues to outperform your online store).
So here’s the scoop on this SEO topic.
You need content, a lot, and you need to speak from the voice of authority while improving the user experience. Sounds puzzling, right?
Well, adding reviews is one of the easiest ways to achieve this. This is because reviews provide you with a constant stream of new content that Google indexes, while also feeding social shares, backlinks, and new traffic to your store, which also helps you rank top in search terms.
The same Bizaarvoice study we mentioned earlier also found that online stores with product reviews saw up to 25% more organic search engine traffic, with the average review coming in at 250 words of content.
As the chart above reflects, SEO also takes into account something called “Review Signals.” These are part of an algorithm that Google uses to determine the popularity and relevance of a site to end users. These are generally considered to be more important than social cues.
In a world of SEO, the more content you have, the better. When you have a way to add authority content over and over to your store pages on a daily basis, the SEO value is immediate, ongoing, and costs you nothing. Zero. Nothing. Nothing. How about that for smarter marketing and SEO superman?
3. IMPACT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Of course, social media has changed the online retail game. One of the greatest influences that social networks have had on our society is the creation of an open forum to discuss, share and create new ideas. When it comes to ecommerce, social media shoppers are more meticulous than ever, and more than 157 online shoppers have been referred to an online store via social media in the past year alone.
More interestingly, 74% of consumers use social media to search for products and find reviews before making a purchase. This is just one example of the power of social media review to drive new customers and conversions.
What you probably didn’t know is that online social media product reviews also increase the time referred visitors spend on your website. As the graph below shows, Facebook reviews will give you an extra 212-233 seconds per visitor, while Twitter reviews will give you a total of 166-255 seconds of time on the site.
By selling online in today’s ecommerce world, you are also using social media as a conversion input. Bypassing today’s powerful social platforms means rejecting simple sales. With billions of revenue from social ads, making sure you take advantage of the reviews that can come from these popular platforms is essential. You can also check Critique : Montre Invicta 8926 review for better idea.
4. IMPROVE THE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
Online shoppers are picky (because they can be). The next store is just a click away, and Amazon is always eager to get your business in with great deals, free shipping, and hassle-free returns. It is no wonder that it is becoming increasingly difficult to attract new customers. So make sure you provide a great shopping experience.
This is where the power of online product reviews can help you allocate new sales while driving new traffic sources, more referrals and healthier conversion value.
You must be logged in to post a comment.