Website creation is an all encompassing term that includes many different aspects and considerations. If you’re a newbie in the world of online business and website creation, you may be confused about where you can get started. Take a look at these 5 quick tips to help you get off the ground with a running start so you can have the best possible success with your new website.
1. Use a CMS – A CMS is a Content Management System, and it’s a tool that will handle many of the hard tasks of website creation for you. It allows you to forget about things such as programming and learning HTML, and will enable you to create and design effective content. There are many content management systems that are available today, including the popular blogging platforms such as WordPress and Blogger. Others include Joolma, Dot Net Nuke, Mambo and Drupal. All of them have different features and some are more complicated or functional than others, but all will make your website creation easier.
2. Keep it Simple – Many newbies to the world of website creation assume that the more complex something is, the better it is. It must show how advanced and knowledgeable you are, right? Actually, in most cases the opposite ends up happening. Newbies try to do too much and the website takes a serious turn for the worse and clearly appears as amateurish. When in doubt, keep things simple.
3. Be Yourself – It’s important that your website creation reflects what your business is all about and who you are. Don’t try to be anything that you’re not because people will quickly spot the frauds out there. Stick to what you know best, and don’t try too hard to come off as an expert, or as a comedian, or a hip guy, unless your business specifically calls for it.
4. Web 2.0 Promotion – The term web 2.0 basically refers to all of the ways in which the website has evolved towards being user controlled and including user generated content. Whether it’s MySpace, Facebook, Twitter or Digg, there are dozens upon dozens of extremely popular web 2.0 communities. Make it easy with your website creation for people to share your site on these networks and encourage that they do this. You can easily work in buttons and links so people can share or post specific things from your site to their favorite web 2.0 networks.
5. Don’t be Afraid of Change – All too often a newbie to website creation is afraid to make a change. However, not making a change when something is ineffective is a serious mistake. If something isn’t working for your site – a navigation system, a color scheme, a look, and the content – then change it as soon as you figure out something that will be better. Don’t delay because you don’t want to make a change.
These 5 quick tips for website creation will have any newbie off to a running start in no time. Be sure to remember them when it comes time to create or update your own website.
If you really want help in creating and developing your website, we have just completed a Free eBook that will show you the basics of website creation and online business development.
Download the Free Ebook.