If you think that doing a Master’s degree is enough in the way of educational qualifications, wait till you know about these top 5 most educated persons of India who have taken education to an unprecedented level of seriousness. Here we have made a list of the maximum five most educated persons of India who have/had obtained so many degrees in their lifetime:
- VN Partibhan
When you first meet him, you will never imagine that behind his frank face, VN Parthiban is a prolific scholar with a 3-digit number of academic degrees to his name. The associate professor and HOD of commerce at RKM Vivekananda College have 140 academic degrees/diplomas. That’s a lot of studying and examinations.
“I’m still doing more courses! My passion lies in studying for and writing examinations,” said Parthiban. Parthiban finished B.Com in 1981, resulting from a long struggle due to family and financial circumstances. Being the family’s first graduate, he scored 59% in his first degree after missing out on first class. “My mother had difficulty raising me, but she made sure I studied. She was disappointed that I didn’t get first class, so I took a vow to make her proud someday,” he says.
And now she is! Parthiban secured a first-class in not only two master’s degrees in law alone — property law, human rights, and environmental law, but also an MBA (part-time). “My mother cried when she sat in the front row as I received my medal for MBA first rank,” he smiles.
- 13 Master of Arts
- 8 Master of Commerce
- 4 Master of Science
- 10 Master of Law
- 12 Master of Philosophy (Research Degrees)
- 14 Master of Business Administration
- 20 Professional Courses
- 11 Certificate courses
- 9 PG Diploma courses
- 8 Master’s Degrees (Labour management, Financial Management, Foreign Trade, Social Work, to name a few) and several other Diplomas & PG Diplomas
- Ph.D. in Management
- Insurance course from Insurance Institute of India
- Masters in Corporate Law
- Masters in Social Development
2. Dr. Hardial Singh Sainbhy
Dr. Hardial Singh Sainbhy from Jagraon, a town in District Ludhiana, Punjab (INDIA), is among the most educated people. Born in village Akhara, district Ludhiana, on 10 June 1942, he had earned 35, including 21 Post-graduation Degrees.
He has set the record of being one of the most degreed people in the world. This Indian super student has degrees in different subjects, in 15 master’s degrees, five post-graduate diplomas, a bachelor of law, AMIE and AMSIE certification, and numerous bachelor’s degrees. Sainsbury has spent most of his life in college classrooms and aims to do the same as long as he can. This clearly shows that education has no limit, no age.
1. MA (English)
2. MA (Punjabi)
3. MA (Economics)
4. MA (Public Administration)
5. MA (Philosophy)
6. MA (Gandhian and Peace Studies)
7. MA (Political Science)
8. MA (History)
9. MA (Defence and Strategy)
10. MA (Ancient History, Culture, and Archeology)
11. MA (Sociology)
12. MA (Sikh Studies)
13. MA (Religious Studies)
14. MA (Women Studies)
15. MA (Hindi)
16. MA (Journalism and Mass Communication)
17. Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Gandhian Studies
18. PGD in Adi Granth Acharya,
19. PGD in Population Education,
20. PGD in Mass Communication
21. PGD in Human Rights and Duties
23. Diploma in Guru Granth Studies,
24. Diploma of Office Organization and Procedures
25. Diploma in Civil Engineering
28. Shiksha Visharad (Equivalent to B.Ed.)
29. Diploma in Medicine and Homeopathy (Gold Medalist)
30. RMP (Homeopathy)
31. RMP (Arurved)
32. Ayurved Rattan (Equivalent to BAMS)
35. Junior Management Course
3. R.K. Rai
Rajendra Kumar Rai (born 6 April 1957) is an Indian politician and member of the Chhattisgarh Janata Congress. Rai was a member of the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly from the Gunderdehi constituency in the Balod district from 2013-18.
Some people’s quench for education never ends, and R.K. Rai is one of them. Rai has earned more than 30 degrees in his lifetime, including a mind-boggling 22 MAs, 5 PhDs, and 3 D. Litts – all in widely divergent fields. Now retired from his work as a professor, Rai believes that lifelong learning is essential to a happy life, which may be why he plans to keep earning degrees even though he’s retired from academics. Rai has not yet paused, and he is presently working on a MA in astrology from Magadh University and plans to return to college as an administrator within a few months.
4. Dr. Shrikant Jichkar
Dr. Shrikant Jichkar is known as the most educated man in India, awarded by Limca. He obtained 20 degrees after appearing for 42 university examinations. He was also a politician, known to be elected as the youngest MLA in the country at age 26.
During his lifetime, Dr. Jichkar has earned the following degrees:
- Medical Doctor, MBBS, and MD
- Law, LL.B.
- International Law, LL.M.
- Masters in Business Administration, DBM and MBA
- Bachelors in Journalism
- M.A. Public Administration
- M.A. Sociology
- M.A. Economics
- M.A. Sanskrit
- M.A. History
- M.A. English Literature
- M.A. Philosophy
- M.A. Political Science
- M.A. Ancient Indian History, Culture, and Archaeology
- M.A Psychology
- D. Litt. Sanskrit — the highest of degrees in a University
There are some of his main degrees.
Jichkar passed most of his examinations in the first division and won many gold medals.
5. Dr. B R Ambedkar
Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (14 April 1891 – 6 December 1956), also known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, was an Indian jurist, economist, politician, and social reformer who inspired the Dalit Buddhist movement and campaigned against social discrimination against the untouchables (Dalits). He was British India’s Minister of Labour in Viceroy’s Executive Council, a member of the Constituent Drafting committee, and independent India’s first Minister of Law and Justice. He is considered the chief architect of the Constitution of India.
Ambedkar was a prolific student, earning doctorates in economics from both Columbia University and the London School of Economics, gaining a reputation as a scholar for his research in law, economics, and political science.
1. Elementary Education, 1902 Satara, Maharashtra
2. Matriculation, 1907, Elphinstone High School, Bombay Persian, etc.,
3. Inter 1909, Elphinstone College, Bombay
4. B.A, 1913, Elphinstone College, Bombay, University of Bombay, Economics & Political Science
5. M.A, 1915 Majoring in Economics and Sociology, History Philosophy, Anthropology, and Politics as the other study subjects.
6. Ph.D., 1917, Columbia University conferred a Degree of Ph.D.
7. MSc. 1921 June, London School of Economics, London
8. Barrister-at- Law 30-9-1920 Gray’s Inn, London Law
9. DSc. 1923 Nov London School of Economics, London
10. L.L.D (Honoris Causa) 5-6-1952 Columbia University, New York
11. D.Litt (Honoris Causa) 12-1-1953 Osmania University, Hyderabad
12. NO 1 scholar in the World 13/9/2015 Columbia University, New York