Individual Keratin-bond hair extensions are unprocessed (or virgin) human hair strands. Rather than tape or glue, keratin extensions are kept together by small beads of keratin adhesive at the tip of each strand. Because keratin is naturally present in your hair, it looks to be the most obvious choice for many.
Keratin-extensions look like strands of your own hair, except for the keratin-based glue that has been hardened on one end. Keratin hair–extensions are great because they can be dyed, curled, straightened, and styled with heat in the same way that your own hair can.
The extensions are inserted one at a time, with the keratin bond bonded to your natural hair using heat or ultrasonic waves. Even while wearing a ponytail, the keratin hair extensions are set down in rows so they are always neatly covered by another part of the hair.
How Does Keratin Fusion Work?
Keratin hair extensions are not just popular today but are also one of the older and traditional methods used for installing hair extensions. Customers and cosmetologists enjoy this method. This method has been praised many times for its simplicity, natural effects, and, of course, its longevity. Women with keratin hair extensions can rest assured that they will get great results. Keratin fusion extensions are sometimes referred to as “glue” treatments, or more casually “fusions”. No glue is needed, however, but it also adheres to the hair shaft.
- When applying keratin hair extensions to clients’ hair, stylists use packs of about 20 strands. Flat square points connect to the roots of this hair and connect all the hair on the strands. A full installation of keratin hair extensions requires 5-9 hair packages, depending on the desired length and bloating. Therefore, proper crowning requires 100-180 of these strands, which is sufficient.
- The keratin bond used to bond the keratin hair extension to the client’s natural hair is in a flat square at the root of the extension strand where the magic takes place. This is done by melting solid squares. The barber does this by removing pieces of the client’s hair that are about the same size as the hair extension strands. Then quickly melt with a hot instrument and apply to the client’s hair.
- Next, the hair professional will hand-shape the melted bond around the client’s hair shaft. As the glue cools and the barber moves to another hair, the bond becomes stronger and more permanent.
- The beautician continues the technique one by one, from the nape of the neck to the top and sides of the head. The top layer of hair is left in place so it can fall to the bottom layer and hide the keratin compounds. After the application is complete, the hairstylist will further mix the keratin hair extension to make it look like the customer’s real hair. Once installed, you can use the curling or flat iron.
- Advantages Of Keratin Hair Extensions
1- Most Popular Method- It is undeniable that keratin hair extensions are very popular. Keratin Hair Extension has won the hearts of thousands of beautiful women and has become one of the most popular hair extension fitting methods. Moreover, this is one of the most widely publicized and virtually everyone is familiar with it. As a result, keratin fusion extensions are one of the most tightly regulated extension industries.
2- Special Trained Experts- The best part is that there are many beauticians who are familiar not only with what they do but also with performing keratin fusions. Salons often have one or two hairdressers who specialize in this. Therefore, you can be satisfied with the results of the keratin hair extensions and be confident that your visit to the salon will not hamper your hair health.
3- Seamless Finish- When done correctly, the root-attached tips are completely hidden under all these hair layers. Keratin hair extensions flow naturally, so you don’t have to worry about others discovering them. The overall effect is seamless, perfect, and lively, so you can think about your hair last and spend the day as usual.
4- Durable- Fusion is incredibly long-lasting. In other words, once installed, keratin hair extensions can last up to 4 months with proper care and maintenance. This is good news for anyone wondering if it’s worth it.
5- Damage-Free- From a safety standpoint, keratin hair extensions are completely safe. With proper care and placement, it will not harm your hair or scalp. Your hair health is protected regardless of whether your hairdresser uses the cold or hot fusion process.
6- Looks And Feels Natural- Last but not least, the blend produces a genuine natural effect. Keratin hair extensions are perfect for everyday use and come in a variety of styles that can be customized to suit any outfit. These are ideal for a variety of occasions, including special occasions such as birthday parties, weddings, and other gatherings. They improve your hair length and volume and give you more options for styling.
Maintenance & Care
Keratin hair extensions are not difficult to maintain. In most cases, keratin extension can be treated like natural hair, with some exceptions due to the nature of keratin binding.
This is all you need to know about it.
- Frequent washing of the Keratin hair extension can break the bond. Therefore, limit your hair wash to twice a week.
- Swimming should only be done at rare times. Chlorine and salt in the water can break the bonds of keratin hair extension and cause them to fall off.
- Oily and creamy treatments are not your best friends as they can make your hair roots overly slippery and cause keratin bond slippage which we don’t want.
- Use a special detangling comb to loosen and brush the keratin hair extension.
- Keratin hair extensions are often used for 3-5 months. Once your hair grows, you need to go to the salon once a month to remove the slippery bond and bring it closer to your scalp.
- The special bond remover makes it easy to remove the keratin hair extension. An alcohol-based solution that dissolves keratin and breaks bonds without damaging the hair. After a few seconds, the hair expert uses a tool to completely break the connection and quickly slip it off.
Pro-Care Tips For Keratin Hair extensions
Here are a few methods that can help you get the most out of your keratin hair extension.
- Regular shampoos include hair chemicals that destroy keratin endings and erase hair color. Instead, use sulfate-free shampoos.
- Heat appliances should not be used to style extensions since they can damage the adhesive ends and cause the extensions to fall out.
- To reduce strain and stress at the area bonds that connect hair with extensions, sleep in loose braids or a low pony.
- Use modest conditioners to keep them looking healthy and natural.
Where Can I Find High-Quality Extensions?
It is just as crucial where you get your keratin hair extension as it is how you care for them afterward. It’s important to note that the quality of your extensions will have a big impact on your life while they’re on. Going with a well-known brand at a reputable salon is far safer to take a risk with low-cost biz.
India Hair International is well-known for its premium keratin hair extension. They produce 100% human hair wigs from hair obtained directly from temples in India. IHI is a global distributor of high-quality Indian human hair and one of the world’s leading direct producers. IHI has direct access to the highest-quality keratin hair extension and other human hair wigs.
This is all you need to know about keratin extensions. From the numerous advantages to the manner in which they are installed and maintained. We sincerely hope our article has clarified the installation and care of keratin hair extensions and why you should obtain one as soon as possible!